- Our charming and nostalgic trolleys range from free to $3, saving you money on gas.
- You’re helping the environment by using public transportation.
- We’ve got the best drivers around.
- You can rent our trolleys for charter services.
- We have eight different routes, including the on-demand Water Trolley, that can get you from one side of the New River to the other.
- You can spend time working or reading a book on the trolley instead of sitting in traffic in your car.
- You can travel to work in style.
- You can track where your trolley is in real-time with the FREE Sun Trolley Tracker App, as well as call 954-TROLLEY for 24/7/365 customer service.
- The trolley will take you from the airport to downtown Fort Lauderdale if you have a long layover.
- The trolleys will pick you up from anywhere along the routes as long as you wave ‘n’ ride from a safe location.
- Enjoy free onboard activities such as bingo and chair yoga.
- Traveling should be about the journey, not the destination.
- You’re just a trolley ride away from Fort Lauderdale’s best shopping and dining.
- We decorate our trolleys for St. Patrick’s Day and Christmas.
- You’ll have one less car on the road when you ride our trolleys.
- It’s relaxing to ride on our red and yellow trolleys.
- You’ll make new friends!
- We are all about being involved in our community, from the Jazz Brunch to helping our war veterans get to a special event to honor them.
- You can explore parts of Fort Lauderdale you’ve never seen before.
- You’re contributing to a new wave of transportation in Fort Lauderdale, in addition to the future Brightline and Wave Streetcar.
- You don’t have to worry about parking at the beach.
- You have easy access to the Broward County Transit Central Terminal, which connects you to the bus system.
- We have great sponsorship opportunities.
- We have a shiny new fleet, complete with that “oh so good” new trolley smell.
- We’ve been a part of this beautiful city for 25 years, and we want to keep the tradition going!
The Color Run Dream Tour returns to the streets for Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, April 29, 2017. Motorists are encouraged to carefully review the listed road closures and should expect traffic delays from 6 a.m. until approximately 12 p.m.
The race is tentatively scheduled to begin at 7:30 a.m. Race organizers are expecting approximately 4,000 runners and walkers to participate in this year’s event.
For the full list of road closures and detours, CLICK HERE.
Alan Hooper, Chair of the Downtown Fort Lauderdale Transportation Management Association (TMA) Board of Directors, has been selected as one of three finalists for Non-Profit Board Leader of the Year in the 7th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards presented by 2-1-1 Broward.
The winner will be announced Friday, February 24, 2017 at an awards ceremony and luncheon at Signature Grand in Davie, Florida. Winners will receive a $1,000 grant to their organization, and up to two finalists will each receive a $500 grant. Finalists will also receive awareness and publicity for the mission of their organization through media materials, social media coverage, event press and newsletters.
“We are extremely proud of Alan for making it so far in the award selection process,” said Robyn Chiarelli, Executive Director of the Downtown Fort Lauderdale TMA. “We at the TMA feel that Alan embodies the qualities of a strong, accomplished and outstanding community leader.”
Since Hooper joined the Sun Trolley Board of Directors 12 years ago, the Sun Trolley fleet and service has grown substantially to 20 vehicles and eight routes. As part of fostering the growth of the system, Hooper helped launch the Riverwalk Water Trolley, the first on-demand boat shuttle service in Broward County. Also, Hooper’s leadership incited a new private charter service, launched last year, which is projected to provide a steady source of income for the TMA for years to come.
“Alan is a smart and strategic thinker with a deep-rooted connection to and passion for greater Fort Lauderdale,” said Chiarelli. “He figuratively and literally invests in his community.”
This is apparent through his 1991 founding of Hooper Construction, which has overseen 1.2 million square feet of redevelopment. He is also co-founder of The Restaurant People, a dining, entertainment and hospitality firm that owns and operates several venues and restaurants in Fort Lauderdale, including YOLO, Vibe Las Olas and Tarpon Bend Food & Tackle. In 2014, Hooper won the Sun Sentinel’s Excalibur Award for Small Business Leader of the Year in Broward County.
Currently celebrating its 25th anniversary, the Downtown Fort Lauderdale TMA administers community transportation services via the Sun Trolley’s seven routes and the free Riverwalk Water Trolley. To track the trolleys in real-time, download the free Sun Trolley Tracker App. To learn more visit http://www.suntrolley.com/ or call 954-TROLLEY. Like what Sun Trolley is doing? Show it at facebook.com/sun-trolley.