The Las Olas Bridge has been closed temporarily and traffic is being detoured during the closure. The Sun Trolley will be following the designated detours. Please expect service delays on the Sun Trolley’s Las Olas Link due to this closure.
Thank you for using the Sun Trolley!
With high-quality office and industrial space, nearby housing, a walk-to-work Tri-Rail Station, convenient access to I-95 and one of the busiest executive airports in the nation, Fort Lauderdale’s Uptown Business District is booming. Recognizing the need to provide convenient and efficient modes of transportation to working professionals in the area, the Sun Trolley has completely revamped service on its Uptown Link Route.
“Our market research indicates that within just a half mile of Sun Trolley’s Uptown Link Route, there are more than 8,000 working professionals in the District,” said Robyn Chiarelli, Executive Director of the Sun Trolley. “With so many working professionals in one area, lunch-time parking options are limited and Sun Trolley’s free Uptown Link is the convenient alternative.”
- Launches Tuesday, September 1, 2015
- Two trolleys run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 15-minute trip with approximately seven or eight minutes of wait time
- Trolleys run from the Cypress Creek Tri-Rail Station, east on Cypress Creek Blvd to the Uptown Centre, north on Andrews Ave., to Microsoft/Marriott, then back south on Andrews to the Cypress Creek Station, and west on Cypress Creek Blvd. to the Citrix Loop.
Join Us for the official Uptown Link Launch Event
When: Tuesday September 15th
The first 40 passengers to RSVP for the September 15th launch promotion will receive a free gift bag and a free lunch at Blaze Pizza, Jersey Mike’s Subs, VooDoo BBQ & Grill or Giraffas Brazilian Grill for riding the trolley that day.
Visit the Sun Trolley Facebook page for more information.
The Sun Trolley will once again be providing transportation for the Food in Motion event today, Friday, August 14, 2015, from 5 to 11:30 p.m. The trolley route will begin at the parking lot south of the Sears store on and will travel south to Peter Feldman Park.
Food in Motion is a FREE after-dark green market and artisan food event hosted by the Fort Lauderdale Community Redevelopment Agency on the second friday of the month. The event features:
- An Artisan Food Market with fresh produce, food trucks, vegan options, gourmet baked goods, locally made products and more!
- Flagler Village Farm with fresh-picked organic produce plus opportunities to meet local farmers and learn about urban farming in Fort Lauderdale
- Night in the Park with free beer for guests 21 and older, picnic in the park and an open playground for kids.