From 6 to 11:30 a.m., the A1A Marathon taking place in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday, February 15, 2015, will cause street closures along A1A. The closures will cause the Sun Trolley’s Beach Link and Las Olas Link routes to be detoured until noon.
Please note the following street closures and designated detours for Sunday, February 15, 2015.
6:00 A.M. to 7:00 A.M.:
- Andrews Avenue will be closed from Broward Boulevard to Southeast 5th Street
- East Las Olas Boulevard will be closed from Andrews Avenue to Southeast 15th Avenue
6:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.:
- No vehicular or bicycle traffic will be permitted in the northbound lanes of North State Road A1A from the 800 block of Seabreeze Boulevard to the 3600 block of North State Road A1A.
- Northbound and southbound traffic along North State Road A1A, between the 800 block of Seabreeze Boulevard and Northeast 36th Street, will be directed to utilize the southbound lanes of North State Road A1A.
- Eastbound traffic on East Sunrise Boulevard will be detoured by uniform police personnel at North State Road A1A to travel either northbound or southbound in the counter flow lanes.
- Absolutely NO beachside parallel parking will be permitted along North State Road A1A, on the east side of the road, between Northeast 14th Street and Northeast 19th Street
For more information on the A1A Marathon, visit www.a1amarathon.com.
To stay up to date on this and other current events, crime trends, notable advisories, etc. Follow the Fort Lauderdale Police Department on Twitter (@FLPD411).
Please plan for these closures and detours when you wave n’ ride the Sun Trolley’s Beach Link and Las Olas Link routes on Sunday.