The 29th Annual Fort Lauderdale Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run returns to the streets of downtown Fort Lauderdale on Thursday, April 3. Motorists are encouraged to carefully review the listed road closures and should expect traffic delays from 4:00 P.M. until approximately 11:00 P.M.
PLEASE NOTE: The Sun Trolley will suspend service of its Downtown Link Route at 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 3, 2014 to accommodate the race.
The actual race is tentatively scheduled to begin at 6:45 P.M. Race organizers are expecting approximately 7,000 runners and walkers to participate in this year’s event.
Street Closures and Detours
- Wednesday, April 2
- 6:00 P.M. through Thursday, April 3 at 10:00 P.M.: Las Olas Boulevard will be closed between Andrews Avenue and Southeast 1st Avenue.
- Thursday, April 3
- 1:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.: Las Olas Boulevard will be closed from Andrews Avenue to Southeast 2nd Avenue. Southeast 1st Avenue will be closed from Southeast 2nd Street to Las Olas Boulevard
- 4:00 P.M.: Participants start arriving, increasing pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- 5:30 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.: Street detours and lane closures in place.
- 6:45 P.M. to 8:30 P.M.: Projected timeframe for actual race.
- 9:30 P.M.: Roadways, except for Las Olas Boulevard, are projected to re-open and return to normal operations.
- 11:00 P.M.: Projected time that East Las Olas Boulevard will re-open and be returned to normal operations.
Event organizers have placed message signboards throughout the downtown area providing ample time for motorists to prepare for the above closures.
More information at https://mercedesbenzcorporaterun.com/fortlauderdale.php#